We are looking for a highly motivated and market-oriented Sales Business Development Manager to identify, nurture and close new opportunities in the US market for single cell applications. We anticipate that the BDM will make a significant impact to our business as we accelerate adoption of our new products.
Your work will ensure that we identify the appropriate high value customers/market segments that are aligned with our product strengths and implement the necessary sales strategy to drive sustainable revenue. The candidate is expected to work collaboratively with the marketing and field applications team as needed to successfully close opportunities.
Requirements and Desired Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Molecular Biology or related fields; or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in the life science industry or genomics is preferred
- Experience selling products into the next generation sequencing (NGS) and/or single-cell workflows
- Willing to tenaciously identify (hunt), engage and convert high value customer prospects in research and bio-pharma markets
- Effectively present key value proposition of Fluent technology and successfully close deals in a competitive and evolving market landscape
- Build, maintain and grow long-term partnerships that lead to predictable and sustainable revenue
- Ability to effectively manage the sales funnel, use sales tools (such as CRM) and deliver on revenue forecasts
- Work collaboratively with internal team to support and grow customer base in assigned territory
- Effectively capture and communicate voice of customer to internal stakeholders
- Experience in fast-paced startup culture
- Willingness to travel as required