Fluent BioSciences Inc. is an early commercial stage biotechnology company backed by a major venture group
with novel technology for ultra-sensitive genomic analysis. We are looking for highly self-motivated and
innovative candidates to help develop and commercialize next-generation applications for our novel
technology. Reporting to the Director of advanced Projects, this candidate will make a significant impact on
the formulation, design, and development of Fluent’s product portfolio. The candidate will be expected to take
ownership of projects, plan and execute experiments, critically analyze data, and interpret results, mentor
junior researchers, as well as work independently and collaboratively in small groups.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related field required
- 2+ years of industry experience in applied research and/or development (post-doctoral work may serve as part of this experience)
- Extensive expertise in Molecular Biology methods required (e.g. digital PCR, ddPCR, qPCR, NGS library preparation, nucleic acid extraction from blood, tissue, FFPE)
- Strong preference for experience developing single-cell analytical methods
- Hands-on molecular diagnostic product development experience in a Design Control environment preferred but not required
- Results-driven with the capacity to work with minimal supervision to effectively achieve goals on time
- Aptitude to quickly assimilate new information, critically evaluate data, and efficiently communicate key takeaways
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting capabilities, with good attention to detail
- Mammalian cell culture experience and aseptic technique preferred
- Applicants with experience in fast-paced startup culture highly desirable
- Maintains good scientific records
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience mentoring junior researchers
Fluent Biosciences is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees
and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under
applicable law. Fluent Biosciences will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known
disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply, candidates must send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected
candidates will be asked to provide letters of reference.
Fluent BioSciences does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from
candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without
limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. The submission
of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Fluent employees is strictly prohibited.
Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Fluent are deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated
or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a
candidate is hired.