Fluent BioSciences Inc. is bringing the power of high quality single-cell biology to every laboratory by providing scalable, cost-effective, and easy to implement scRNA-seq solutions. We are a well-funded company backed by the world’s leading life science tools investors, including Illumina Ventures, Samsara BioCapital, VC23, CoWin Ventures, and Civilization Ventures. We are looking for a highly self-motivated and innovative top-tier scientist with leadership experience to fill the critical role of Director, Molecular Biology. Reporting to the SVP of Product Development, the Director will be responsible for strategic and technical leadership within Fluent’s R&D program with a hands-on lab-based leadership style. We are seeking a player-coach that is deeply involved in technical leadership at the ground-level. They will manage all internal biology activities by providing leadership, strategic oversight, resource management, and the organizational framework to ensure product development proceeds according to internal timelines.
Requirements and desired experience:
- PhD in Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related field required
- Only applicants with 3+ years of industry experience will be considered
- Extensive knowledge of genomics technologies and molecular biology assay development with industry experience launching products in these areas
- Experience developing and commercializing products in the single cell or spatial fields of gene expression are strongly preferred
- Applicants with hands-on experience with single cell genomics technologies (e.g. 10X Genomics Chromium, DropSeq, InDrops) as evidenced by publications are preferred
- Demonstrated history of technical leadership and management experience of cross-functional teams spanning biology, engineering, and bioinformatics
- Ability to foster a culture of innovation that catalyzes teamwork and propels performance improvement
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills with experience juggling management of multiple projects and teams
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants with experience in fast-paced, highly dynamic startup culture highly desirable
Fluent Biosciences is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Fluent Biosciences will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply, candidates must send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will be asked to provide letters of reference.