Fluent BioSciences Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company with novel micro-technology for ultra-sensitive genomic analysis. We are looking for highly detail oriented and motivated Manufacturing Technicians to support production and assembly of our reagent kits. Under the supervision of laboratory staff, the manufacturing technician will perform a variety of routine molecular biology tasks necessary to ensure the efficient functioning of our facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Science, Bioengineering or related fields desirable
- Recent high school graduates with excellent academic records and internship experience are encouraged to apply
- Flexible work schedule including evening and weekend hours (this position is generally regular business hours but there will be times where flexing shifts will be needed for customer deadlines)
- 1+ year of molecular biology laboratory experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good physical dexterity for both pipette and occasional equipment rework.
- Learning and retaining new concepts quickly
- Maintains compliance with required PPE and all laboratory safety and quality requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask
- Full-time position
- Molecular biology reagent and buffer formulation with extensive manual pipetting
- Simple equipment fixture assembly and calibration
- Read and interpret documents such as standard operating procedures, material safety data sheets and maintenance manuals
- Documentation of molecular biology reagents and buffer formulations using Microsoft Office or equivalent software
- Experience and familiarity with G suite software tools such as Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides and Meet
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
In light of the current business challenges posed by the public health crisis, applicants must be
willing to work flexible hours which may include nights, weekends, and working from home.
Fluent Biosciences is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all
employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion,
national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any
characteristic protected under applicable law. Fluent Biosciences will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable
law. To apply, candidates must send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected candidates will be asked to provide letters of reference.