Fluent BioSciences Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company with novel micro-technology for ultra-sensitive genomic analysis. We are a well-funded company backed by the world’s leading life science tools investors, including Illumina Ventures, Samsara BioCapital, VC23, CoWin Ventures, and Civilization Ventures. We are looking for an experienced Lead Application Scientist to focus on internal development of new applications for Fluent’s Pre-templated Instant Partitions (PIP) technology platform.
This role will focus on assay development and expansion of the capabilities of Fluent’s product portfolio. As a key member of the R&D, we anticipate that the Lead Application Scientist will make a significant impact to our business as we accelerate adoption of our novel technology. This role will lead a small team of junior application scientists and work closely with the Marketing team to focus on applications relevant to market needs.
Requirements & Desired Experience:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields preferred
- 1+ years of experience (including postdoc work) in the biotech industry is preferred
- Hands-on experience with single-cell workflows highly preferred
- Hands-on experience with next-generation sequencing applications preferred
- Ability to listen/observe effectively and capture customer feedback and requirements
- Excels at multitasking while meeting challenging deadlines with a high level of attention to detail
- Applicants with experience in fast-pacedp culture highly desirable
- Self-motivated, energetic and results-oriented team player who thrives in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communicator with highly developed organization skills