Fluent BioSciences Inc. is a Boston (US) based early-stage biotechnology company with a novel technology for ultra-sensitive genomic analysis that does not require complex instrumentation or consumables. Our mission is to accelerate the understanding of biology and disease at a cellular level through accessible, affordable, and scalable solutions. We are a well-funded company backed by the world’s leading life science tools investors, including Illumina Ventures, Samsara BioCapital, VC23, CoWin Ventures, and Civilization Ventures.
We are looking for a highly motivated and customer-oriented Field Application Scientist (FAS) to act as the technical point of contact for Fluent’s customers. Reporting to the Vice President of Product Marketing, we anticipate that the FAS will make a significant impact to our business as we accelerate adoption of our novel technology. Your work will ensure that customers are trained, supported and guided to use our products effectively for their application needs, as well as stay informed on the latest customer requirements and product capabilities in Fluent’s portfolio. The candidate is expected to work both independently and collaboratively in small groups (both virtually and in person) for this remote-based position.
Requirements & Desired Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields preferred. Ph.D. or equivalent preferred.
- 3+ years of experience (including graduate/postdoc work) in the biotech industry is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with NGS and/or single-cell workflows
- Experience and ability to work with principal investigator-level scientists, bioinformaticians, and lab personnel
- Demonstrated experience acting as a subject matter expert (SME) within the NGS space, ideally having led trainings on genomics, sequencing applications or other products
- Single cell and customer-facing experience a plus
- Ability to listen/observe effectively and capture customer feedback and requirements
- Excels at multitasking while meeting challenging deadlines with a high-level of attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in fast-paced culture
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
Fluent Biosciences is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Fluent Biosciences will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply, candidates must send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be asked to provide letters of reference.