Fluent BioSciences Inc. is an early-stage biotechnology company with novel micro-technology for ultra-sensitive genomic analysis. We are looking for a highly motivated and customer-oriented Field Application Scientist (FAS) to act as the technical point of contact for Fluent’s customers. Your work will ensure that customers are trained, supported and guided to use our products effectively for their application needs, as well as informed on the latest customer requirements and product capabilities in Fluent’s portfolio. The candidate is expected to work both independently and collaboratively in small groups.
Requirements & Desired Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or related fields preferred
- Ph.D. or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of experience (including graduate/postdoc work) in the biotech industry is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with NGS and/or single-cell workflows
- Experience and/or ability to work with principal investigator-level scientists, bioinformaticians, and lab personnel
- Demonstrated experience acting as a subject matter expert (SME) within the NGS space, ideally having led trainings on genomics, sequencing applications or other products
- Single cell and customer-facing experience a plus
- Ability to listen/observe effectively and capture customer feedback and requirements
- Excels at multitasking while meeting challenging deadlines with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Applicants with experience in fast-paced startup culture highly desirable
- Able to work from home
- Ability to work early mornings hours (6am start) when supporting European customers
- Travel up to 25%, resident near major airport
- Location: East Coast USA (Boston, NY, or DC areas preferred)
Fluent Biosciences is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Fluent Biosciences will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. To apply, candidates must send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be asked to provide letters of reference.