We are seeking a detail-oriented Administrative Assistant to assist in a variety of support and business tasks in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for assistance with invoicing, bookkeeping, purchasing, shipping and general office support, and offer a friendly work environment.
- Communicating with vendors by phone or email
- Working with accounting and purchasing software to process invoices and purchase requests
- Placing online orders for employees
- Setup and order supplies for office
- Assist with varied administrative tasks such as arranging meetings, booking travel, and reception.
- Basic bookkeeping
- Flexible to help out on short notice with ad-hoc projects
- 2+ years experience in an administrative environment
- BS/BA or higher
- Solid computer skills including spreadsheets and online tools. Ability to pick up and execute in new information technologies rapidly with limited training.
- Great customer service skills
- Strong phone communication and negotiation skills, e.g. coordinating purchase with vendors
- Bookkeeping experience is preferred
- Familiarity with scientific or medical terminology is a plus
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills including experience using video conferencing software (e.g. Google Meet and Zoom)
- Easy access to our on-site location (Watertown, MA)